Terms of Service For Private Commissions
- Prices are subject to change based on demand and complexity of the piece.
- I have the right to reject any order for any reason.
- All commission prices are displayed in AUD and are to be paid via PayPal, or Bank transfer for Australian residents.
- Payment for sketches are completed upfront.
- For complete artworks, there are two payment options available: 100% upfront – or by 3 installments – 15% deposit upfront, 50% after sketch approval, and 35% after work has been completed (prior to delivery of unwatermarked, full-resolution artwork).
Process and Delivery
- Commissions are only commenced once payment/deposit is received.
- The time it takes to finish your commission varies greatly depending on factors such as the complexity of the commissioned piece, current workload, and health. If you need the piece urgently that might be possibly arranged, but this will incur a rush fee. Below are some general estimates and you will receive updates on any changes to the expected time frame.
- Portrait sketches: 1-3 Weeks
- Painterly Portrait: 3-5 Weeks
- If no clear visual reference has been provided on your character I will need to do extra work to develop the visual of your character, there will be extra charge for this.
- Once we have agreed on the commission specifics and the deposit has been paid, progress updates will be provided in at least four intervals which will be based on the commission type:
- Completion of the concept roughs/thumbnails
- Completion of the final sketch
- Completion of the line art with flat colour (if applicable), or at 50% completion of painting.
- Completion of the artwork.
- Once the piece is finished and the remaining payment has been received, you will receive the full-resolution image along with a web-friendly size. Note that there is no physical product but depending on where you live I may be able to ship a print to you for an additional shipping cost.
- At the concept thumbnail stage, the client may choose to:
- Select one concept thumbnail to be completed, with/without minor modifications.
- Select features of multiple sketches to be combined into the final sketch, with/without minor modifications.
- Once the concepts are taken into a final sketch – the client can request up to three minor alterations from the final sketch stage up until the 50% completion point. Major alterations beyond the original agreed brief will incur an extra fee.
- If at any point the client chooses to cancel the contract and forfeit the work done so far, any payments already made are non-refundable. If at any point the client has failed to respond to sketches or status updates provided for a period of longer than one month our agreement may be rendered void and further work will require renegotiation.
Copyright and Usage
I, Jezahna (the artist):
- Reserve the right to cancel and refund the order at any time for any reason.
- Retain all copyrights over the commissioned artwork (whether partially or fully completed)
- Will NOT claim the intellectual property (IP) of the subjects in the commissioned artwork.
- Will not make further profit on the commissioned artwork unless you (the customer) break any of the terms.
- Reserve the right to post the commissioned artwork online, in my portfolio as well as in my own marketing, videos, and publications such as art books/zines. There is some possible flexibility on this term so long as it is mentioned during our initial agreement.
You (the customer/commissioner):
- May upload the commissioned artwork on any website and social channels.
- You may NOT make profits from the commissioned piece (reselling, redistributing, uploading to POD-services, make prints, etc.)
- You retain the rights to the intellectual property (IP).
- You may NOT alter the commissioned artwork without my (the artist’s) consent (including removal of the small artist signature).
- You may NOT use the commissioned artwork for commercial purposes.
The following is considered copyright infringement:
- Reproducing/using the copyrighted artwork commercially – means making money off it in any way not excluded from these terms.
- Claiming the artwork as your own
- Altering the artwork without my consent
- In some cases there may be the option to purchase commercial rights to images created for private use.
- All pricing listed is for private commissions only. For commercial illustration, please reach out and I will be more than happy to work with you on your project.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
- The buyer is not allowed a refund once I started working on the commission.
- If for any reason I am unable to start your commission you will receive a full refund.
- If you cancel your order before I have started it a full refund can be provided.
- If you are getting a refund, do not request this via a Paypal chargeback. I will transfer the money back to you myself.
- If you request a Paypal chargeback at any point when you were not allowed to ask for a refund you will lose all beforementioned rights to the commissioned piece and I will have the full right to profit further from it in any way. I will decline the chargeback and supply Paypal with our conversations in which we talk about the commission as evidence that I have completed work for you. Furthermore, you will be blacklisted for commissioning me again.
What will you get?
- Some concept thumbnails (rough sketches) will be provided with options for the foreground (character), as well as the background if applicable. There will be more or less of these depending on the complexity of the commission.
- A final sketch that you must accept before I continue the work.
- Insight and involvement in the color plan (depending on the complexity of the commissioned piece).
- Full-resolution PNG file (approx. 210 x 297 mm at 300 DPI) of final drawing and a smaller version JPG for internet upload.